Wednesday 7 August 2013

DUPES #1



Hello! 
I recently realised that I have a very bad habbit of buying lipsticks in colour's I already own. However to make the most of this I have decided to start a 'series' where I explore my collection and show you some of the dupes I own for some of my slightly higher end lipsticks. 
 YSL Rouge Volupte Perle, Sparkling Fuschia (114)-£23.50

So today I have some dupes for the YSL Rouge Volupte Perle in the colour Sparkling Fuschia (114). I absolutely love this lippy, it goes on so smooth, is a lovely colour and has decent staying power. However I'm not such a fan of the price tag... £23.50. So here are a couple of cheaper alternatives

The first dupe for this is the Bourjois Shine Edition lipstick in no. 22. This is really nice and moisturising and beside the fact it hasnt got a shimmer to it, its a perfect dupe for the YSL. Its also only £7.99 so alot cheaper! The whole shine edition range from Bourjois is lovely, and if you're in the market for a new lippy (or two) I suggest you go check them out!
 Bourjois Shine Edition in no.22-£7.99

L-R; No.22, Sparkling Fuschia

The second dupe I have is MAC's 'Lickable'. Its slightly more expensive at £15 but is still a very good colour match to the YSL lippy, the only slight differences are a lack of shimmer and that the shade is ever so slightly darker.. This is a cremesheen finish so is very moisturising and fairly pigmented. Again like the YSL it has a good staying power but has a slightly sheerer finish.
 MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Lickable-£15

L-R; No.22, Sparkling Fuschia, Lickable

I hope this post has been helpful, and as always, thanks for reading:) 
Xx

5 comments:

  1. Great post lovely, so useful; I love discovering dupes! I will definitely get the Bourjois lipstick, it looks fab and I still haven't tried this line so the time is perfect! :)

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, glad you found it helpful! Yes deffinately try the Bourjois ones! Their so lovely!:) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my god the colours look amazing they are soooo pretty!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lipstick colours, you seem to choose exactly what I would. Your blog looks like it has some great reads so I MUST follow to read on more, thanks.

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka! :) X

    ReplyDelete